How To Deep Clean, Restore Color & Protect Composite Sinks
3-Step Process for Sinks with Superficial Damage
Step-1: Scum and Mineral Deposit Remover
The Supreme Surface® Scum and Mineral Deposit Remover effectively removes calcium, magnesium, and lime that cause water spots and soap scum. It also removes grease, oil, wax, and silicone. It has a low pH but is mild compared to other leading brands, making it safe to use on composite sinks and natural granite.
- Saturate sink and let sit >15 minutes keeping moist
- Lightly agitate with a non-scratch pad
- Rinse thoroughly, wipe dry, inspect for changes
- Repeat this step until there are no changes between applications
- You are complete with Step-1 when you do not see differences between applications
Note: If you’ve completed Step-1 and your sink looks good when wet and thoroughly dry, advance straight to using the Supreme Surface® Granite Quartz & Marble Treatment in Step-3
NuVibrants is formulated without using harsh chemicals that cause heavy fumes or high levels of VOC's. It's easy to apply and improves the look and performance of dark-colored composite sinks with superficial damage. You should expect results to look equal to or greater than a wet or oiled sink after doing Step-1.
- Spray NuVibrants onto a dry sink and spread evenly with a soft sponge or brush
- Allow to sit for 15 min, then wipe excess puddles off with a soft sponge or paper towel.
- Allow to sit and gel over for 30-45 min, then repeat
- Repeat this step until you don’t see changes between applications
- Allow your final application to dry overnight or for several hours until fully cured
Step-3: Granite Quartz & Marble Treatment with ioSeal
Clean, shine and protect sinks and countertops that are already in good condition. A pH neutral cleaning solution formulated with ioSeal, making absorption levels lower, surfaces smoother, future cleanings become more manageable, and dark colors (on healthy sinks) become slightly more vibrant. IoSeal helps lower the bond strength of future mineral deposits (calcium, magnesium, soap scum) eliminating the need for textured pads and harsh chemicals in the future. This is very meaningful to the surface sinks and countertops.
- Spray Treatment onto the sink and wipe off using the (included) microfiber towel at least one time before using the sink
- Continue using Treatment at least once a day, every day, for 10-14 days
- After 10-14 days, continue using frequently enough that future water spots wipe off with a wet soapy sponge and rinsed with water
- Do not use textured pads or harsh chemicals in the future
Note: All Composite Sink manufacturers recommend wiping your sink dry after each use. It is important to know that ioSeal offers you more flexibility and protection by reducing bond strength of mineral deposits such as calcium, magnesium, lime and salts.
*Need Help? Call today at 317-865-0000, and we’ll be happy to assist
Get everything you need to restore a composite granite sink:
- Tom Munro