What is ioSealIoSeal™ is an ionically bonded protective barrier held together by an electrostatic attraction between oppositely charged ions. Similar to how a magnet sticks to metal, ioSeal lowers absorption, resists incoming stains, fends off UV damage, makes surfaces smoother, and lowers the bond strength of future minerals. After being applied, future cleanings become easier.
How It's Used
IoSeal can be formulated into specialty treatments that clean, shine, protect, preserve, and improve the look and performance of specific surfaces.
In 2010, ioSeal was formulated into a specialty cleaner for the care and maintenance of granite countertops. Today, products that contain ioSeal are commonly known as Treatments and are exclusive to Munro-Co Brands.
A condensed list of ioSeal's benefits goes as follows:
- Lowers the rate of absorption
- Lowers the bond strength of future mineral deposits
- Surfaces become smoother
- Surfaces Become more reflective
- Colors become more vibrant
- Helps protect against UV Rays
- Safe to use on unsaturated polyester resins, natural stones, composite materials, and much more
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.)
1. Does ioSeal Replace the Need for Penetrating Sealers?
Although ioSeal does not replace the initial application of penetrating sealers, it effectively maintains and enhances the protection offered by such sealers. Proper care and consistent use can remove the need for future re-sealing.
2. Can ioSeal be Found in Penetrating Sealer Formulas?
Rather than being incorporated into penetrating sealer formulas, ioSeal is generally combined with cleaning products for granite, quartz, marble, and other natural stones. This allows it to work as a multitasking treatment, simplifying granite maintenance.
3. Is ioSeal Unique to the Supreme Surface Brand Product Line?
No, ioSeal Protectants are included in other Munro-Co Brands.
4. Does ioSeal Contain Wax?
ioSeal does not contain any wax in its formula. This allows it to effectively self-level, preventing any leftover residue or buildup.
- How To Deep Clean and Protect Composite Sinks
- Supreme Surface All-in-One Stone Care Treatment (Cleaner, Sealer, Polish)
- How to Clean & Maintain Granite Countertops (Blog)
- How to Seal Granite Countertops (Blog)
- Tom Munro