How To Deep Clean, Restore Color & Protect, Composite Sinks
Renew the look of quartz or granite composite sinks in 3 simple steps: Deep clean, refresh color, and routine care that protects and preserves new sinks or a revived surface. This sink restoration works on composite sinks, including Blanco, Krause, Franke, and other brands. If your sink is black, brown, or gray and sections of it look better wet or with oil, here's a long-lasting solution that works.
Step 1: Deep, Thorough Cleaning of Composite Sinks
We recommend using Supreme Surface® Scum & Mineral Deposit Remover for a thorough cleaning. It's the most powerful cleaner we're comfortable using on composite sinks. It cleans mineral deposits that cause water spots and soap scum buildup. It also cleans grease, oil, wax, and silicone.
Using Supreme Surface® Scum & Mineral Deposit Remover on Composite Sinks
- Saturate the sink and let sit for 1-15 minutes (deep cleans will need more time)
- Agitate with a sponge
- Rinse thoroughly, wipe dry, inspect for changes
- Repeat this step until there are no noticeable changes when completely dry
- How-to video Instructions Deep Cleaning Composite Sinks Using Supreme Surface® Scum & Mineral Deposit Remover Click HERE
Note: If your sink looks acceptable when wet, you’re ready for Step 2. Spots cleaned with Supreme Surface Scum & Mineral Deposit Remover several times and remain noticeable and without change (when wet and dry) are most likely permanent damage, not superficial.
Step 2: Revive, Refresh, or Restore Color to Composite Sinks
Using NuVibrants™ Composite Sink Treatment to Revive, Refresh, Restore Composite Sinks
We recommend enhancing faded colors on quartz or granite sinks using NuVibrants™ Composite Sink Treatment. It's a long-lasting hardened shell for color corrections and resurfacing composite sinks. It's highly effective on black, brown, and gray sinks with superficial damage (it looks better wet than dry).
- After completing Step 1, spray onto a dry sink and spread evenly with a soft sponge or paper towel. Remove heavy accumulation, drips, or puddles as they occur.
- Allow to dry between applications. Accelerate the drying process using a hairdryer. Hold the hairdryer +/- 12” over the sink, pointing it down and blowing warm air for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Repeat this step until you don’t see changes between applications (when dry)
- Allow the final application to completely dry and cure over several hours. Some sinks start with more damage than others. Sinks starting with higher porosity levels will require more applications/product per application and longer drying times.
- How-to Video Instructions Restore Revive Refresh Color to Composite sinks using NuVibrants™ Composite Sink Treatment Click HERE
Allowing the final application to completely dry/cure over several hours is essential. Sinks starting with higher porosity levels will require more applications/product per application and longer drying times. We understand the starting condition of everyone's sink will vary. If you have questions, we're here to help.
Step 3: Routine Cleaning, Protection, and Preservation of Composite Sinks
Using Supreme Surface® Granite Quartz & Marble Treatment For Weekly/Routine Cleaning of Composite Sinks
We recommend using Supreme Surface® Granite Quartz & Marble Treatment for routine/weekly cleaning, protection & preservation of all new sinks, and composite sinks with a renewed surface. When used as directed, absorption levels decrease (helping resist stains), and the bond strength of future mineral deposits is lower (making future daily cleanings more manageable). Learn more about ioSeal™ by clicking HERE.
- Spray Treatment onto the sink and wipe off using the (included) microfiber towel, paper towel, or soft cloth at least once before using the sink.
- Continue using Treatment at least once daily, every day, for 10-14 days.
- After 10-14 days, use frequently (start with weekly) so future water spots can be wiped off with just a wet, soapy sponge or soft cloth vs. harsh chemicals or textured pads.
- Avoid textured pads, harsh chemicals, and excessive heat in the future
- How-to Video Instructions for Composite Sink Routine Cleaning, Protective Care, and Preservation Using Supreme Surface® Granite Quartz and Marble Treatment with ioSeal. Click HERE.
*Need Help? Call today at 317-865-0000, and we’ll be happy to assist
- Composite Sink Cleaners, Sealers, Care and Restoration Products
- Why Is My Sink Turning White
- What is ioSeal
- Tom Munro