With the popularity of stainless steel appliances and sinks being added to kitchens, the importance of proper care and cleaning is essential. Avoid streaks and even worse: dull stainless or traces of rust with stainless steel cleaning products and solutions from www.supremesurfacecleaners.com.
Tips, Advice and Information
- Does a magnet stick to the stainless steel appliance in your kitchen? If so, you may be more susceptible and have less protection against corrosion: rust and pitting.
- Engineering professors at the University of Cincinnati say some of today's consumer grade stainless steel has less nickel and chromium in it than just a few years ago. This is a problem for consumers, making some of today's stainless more susceptible to corrosion: rust and pitting.
- When cleaning stainless steel, always rub in the direction of the grain
- We've all seen streaks on stainless steel appliances, but did you know that streaks are typically caused by residue left behind by cleaning solutions or polishes
- Avoid using cleaning products that have a high pH, alkaline: bleach and ammonia because they can cause the stainless steel to dull.